Covid-19 Store Safety Measures – FAQs
1. Which stores are re-opening?
In line with government guidance, all of our stores in Ireland have reopened. Check your local store page here.
2. What measures have your stores implemented for Customer Safety?
Safety remains our top priority so that employees and customers can return to Primark with confidence.
We are closely following all safety advice from government, treating this guidance as the minimum standard, and we continue to have extensive health and safety measures in place in all stores for reopening.
These measures include:
A strict social distancing protocol:
- Limits on the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance in between customers and employees, following local government guidelines.
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
Personal protection for employees and customers:
- In line with government guidance, all customers are required to wear face coverings in our stores, unless they are exempt due to medical reasons.
- On entering the store, customers are asked to use the hand sanitiser that is provided at the store entrance. Dedicated employees will be on hand to assist customers if needed.
- We provide face coverings to all of our employees and they are required to be worn while working.
- Perspex screens or cubicles have been installed on tills to help protect customers and employees.
Increased in-store cleaning:
- Increased frequency and rigour of store cleaning, particularly around high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, lifts, and employee areas in back of house.
- Customer basket handles will be sanitised on a regular basis.
3. Are the fitting rooms open?
Our fitting rooms will remain temporarily closed. However, customers have 28 days to return an item if you change your mind. For more information on our Refund & Exchange policy please click here.
4. Do you have/ Where in the store are hand sanitisers located?
Customers will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entry into the store. Additional hand sanitiser stations are also available at back of house for employee use.
5. Will you have a queuing system at the tills?
We have reconfigured our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills. In addition, every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and employees. Perspex screens and cubicles have been installed on tills to protect customers and employees.
6. Will the lifts be in use?
Our lifts are in operation however to maintain social distancing measures only two people will be permitted in the lift at any one time. Exceptions to this would be additional family members.
7. Will staff wear face masks/gloves?
We provide face coverings to all of our employees and they are required to be worn while working. Gloves will also be made available should employees wish to use them.
8. How will your escalators operate safely in your stores?
We have provided clear signage on our floor and escalator steps marking the recommended social distance. We have also increased cleaning in our stores with particular attention given to high frequency touchpoints including escalators.
9. What signage will communicate your social distancing message in the store?
Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff will help guide you through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
10. Contactless Payments – what is the maximum amount?
We are encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions. The maximum limit is €50.
11. Will there be a limited number of people allowed in the store?
Yes, we are limiting the number of customers into stores at any one time, in line with government guidelines. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills, our store entrances, and also monitoring the sales floor to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
12. Can I shop in the store with my friends and family or do I have to shop by myself?
We ask that all customers adhere to the social distancing measures in place while shopping.
13. Will your toilets be open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our customer toilets until further notice.
14. Will you have a queuing system outside?
We have implemented a queuing system at our entrances to allow for social distancing. We also have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing these queues.