Privacy & Cookies
Last Updated: 17th July 2015
1. Who are we?
References to "we", "our" or "us" in this Privacy Statement mean Primark US Corp.
This Privacy Statement sets out how we collect, use and disclose the information that we collect on our website, www.primark.com (the “Site”), including through any of the features and services on our Site (the “Services”). By providing us with your information you agree that we may use your information in the ways set out in this Privacy Statement.
2. What information do we collect from you?
Information we collect Directly from Users. You can browse many sections of our Site without submitting your personal information to us. However, to access certain Services, we ask that you register with us. You must be over 18 years of age to set up a profile on our Site. When you provide us with your information to set up a profile you are confirming to us that you are over 18. When you set up a profile we will ask you to provide us with your:
- email address;
- country of residence; and
- local Primark store.
You will also be given the opportunity to upload a profile picture and provide more information in the "bio" section – you can choose to provide as much or as little information as you like about yourself. You don't have to provide a profile picture or any additional information in the "bio" section if you choose not to. Any “bio” information you provide plus your name and local Primark store will be visible to other users and users will be able to filter looks on the Primania section of the Site by gender and country of residence.
Remember that photographs of you, and any comments that you make about your image are publically available to other visitors to the Site.
We may also run competitions and make other promotional offers available through our Site. If you participate in these we collect information you submit to us related to your participation. Please see the “Competitions, prize draws and promotions” section below for more information.
Your Activities. As noted above, if you post or share content on the Site, we collect information about that content. In addition, if you send us communications through the Site or via email, we collect information about your communications with us. We also collect information of your activities on the Site and use of the Services, including the content you like, share or view.
3. What do we use this information for?
We use the information that you provide to us:
- To provide our Services to you – including to display your customized content to you on third party sites, in place of adverts – to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to confirm your account, to respond to your inquiries and requests, and for other customer service purposes, as well as, unless you opt out, to send you information about our Site and our products and services.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- For awarding Primarks and any associated prizes.
- To post any images you upload to the Primania section of our Site and, if selected by us, to the Features section as well.
- For marketing, advertising and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We may also use the information we collect to advertise products and services on our Site and third party sites, and to work with network advertisers to do the same.
4. Contacting you
We would like to send you emails to tell you about our products, news about our stores and to let you know about any promotions or offers we may be running.
If you would prefer us not to send these emails to you, you can opt out at any time by:
- leaving the "opt-in" box un-ticked before you submit your profile information;
- selecting "off" in the email subscription section of your profile;
- clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email we send to you; or
- emailing us at any time to let us know using our Contact Us page.
Alternatively, you can manage your email subscription in relation to specific products by ticking or un-ticking the box for that product in the email subscription section of your profile to indicate which products you would like to receive information about.
5. Competitions, prize draws and promotions
Where you provide your personal information to us in order to participate in a competition, prize draw or a promotion that we are running, you agree that, in addition to the uses set out above, we may use:
- the contact information you provide to let you know whether or not you have won a prize, to let you know about the status of your entry or to otherwise run and administer the competition, prize draw or promotion; and
- your name, what country you live in and/or your image or likeness in any promotional material (subject to our competition terms and conditions which are shown on the same web page as the competition).
6. Who do we share this information with?
We will not sell or lease your personal information to any other third parties unless we have your permission. However, we may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with other companies in the Associated British Foods plc group of companies; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer. It's stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Currently, our Site does not recognize browser do-not-track requests. However, users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please be aware that blocking cookies may affect the functionality of our Site.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
8. What about user images and other content?
We invite you to post content (e.g., images and comments) to the Site. If you post content, your content may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy.
Remember, once you upload your image to the Site it will be up there for everyone to see, so make sure you are comfortable with that BEFORE you upload it. Your image may also be selected by our buyers if they like your style and they may choose to use it on their own page of our Site. If they do so, other users will be able to comment on your image, and their comments may be good or bad so make sure that you are ok with that before you decide to upload your image to the Site.
If you change your mind and you decide you no longer want your image to be on our Site, you can remove your image from the Primania section of the Site. Simply go into your profile, select the image you want to remove and click the 'Remove look' button below the image. Please note that on certain browsers, due to cache memory, it could take approximately 1 hour for the look to be removed from our Site.
If you would like us to remove your image and any associated comments from the Features section of our Site, please send us your request using our Contact Us page.
Even if you remove an image or content from our Site, we may retain a copy of such content in our systems.
9. What about Third Party Links?
Our Site and Services may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Privacy Statement, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Children Under 13. Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to promptly and securely delete such information from our systems.
10. Accessing your personal information and contacting us
You may review and update your profile information, and remove certain content you have posted, by logging in to you profile and making the desired changes.
Contact Us. You can contact us for any other reason using our Contact Us page.
Changes to this Privacy Statement. We may amend and update this Privacy Statement from time to time and new versions will be posted to our Site.