In-Store Safety Measures
We’ve missed you and we’re very happy to have you back in our stores shopping with us again! But above all we want you to remain safe whilst visiting your local Primark store. So, for the wellbeing of our employees and customers we’ve made important changes to our stores, so that you can continue to take care and #staysafe while shopping with us.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have implemented a strict social distancing protocol across all our stores:
- We are following government guidelines and limiting the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance in between customers and employees.
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills and entrances to stores.
- We have hired additional security staff to help customers follow social distancing measures while queueing to enter our store.
- We have redesigned the layout of our stores to allow for more space between people by reconfiguring our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. Dedicated employees are on hand to manage the correct flow of the queue.
- We have temporarily closed off fitting rooms, customer restrooms and our cafe and beauty concessions in stores which have them. We may review this policy as the situation develops and in line with government guidance
- Entry and exit points are clearly marked.
- Frequent public announcements are made in store reminding customers to adhere to social distancing measures.
PERSONAL PROTECTION: We have increased personal protection for employees and customers:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be made available at the entrance and on the shop floor and back of house for employee and customer use.
- Every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and between employees. Perspex screens have been installed on open tills to protect customers and employees.
- Face masks and gloves are available to all employees if they wish to use them.
- Customers are asked to sanitize their hands upon entry. Dedicated employees are on hand to assist customers if needed.
- All returns will be managed in line with government advice.
- We have removed all testers from the health and beauty department
- We are encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimize cash interactions. Limits have been increased for contactless payments where this was possible.
- We have appointed dedicated employees to manage queues at tills and entrances to stores to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
- Dedicated employees make sure hand hygiene stations are topped up and report any issues or concerns to the store manager.
IN-STORE CLEANING: We have increased the frequency and intensity of in-store cleaning:
- We have invested significantly in increasing the frequency and rigour of our store cleaning policy across all our markets: giving particular attention to high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, elevators, and employee areas in back of house.
- A deep clean of each store is carried out before re-opening.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout the day.
- We have introduced a basket cleaning system, so each basket handle is cleaned before use.
- Sanitizing wipes are made available for employees to sterilise baskets and cashpoints.