Terms & Conditions for Harry Potter Competition
Terms and Conditions – Harry Potter 2018
- This promotion will be governed by these terms and conditions and entrants agree that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them. This promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- This promotion is open to residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 or over except employees of Primark (the “Promoter”), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- This promotion will run from 12.00pm on 29th October 2018 until 12.00pm on 8th November 2018 (“Entry Period”).
- In order to enter the promotion, entrants should log on to https://harrypottercompetition.primark.com and answer the following multiple choice question: ‘Nicolas Flamel is an alchemist who is the creator of what?’. All those entrants who correctly answer this question and complete the entry form within the Entry Period will be placed into a prize draw to win one of eight available prizes. The winner and runners up will be selected at random. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries that are, in the Promoter’s opinion, considered to be crude, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
- Entry into the draw will be deemed as acceptance of these terms & conditions and any separate instructions for entry will form part of the terms & conditions
- First prize for the winner will be a private screening of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald on 27 November 2018, at Warner House in London for themselves and 10 guests.
- The prize available to runners-up, is 5 x tickets for entry to a cinema screening of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald on 13 November 2018. This screening will take place at certain cinemas in the UK, as advised by the Promoter, and each winner shall select the cinema location they will attend.
- Only the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- The prizes being awarded to the winners of this promotion have been provided by Warner Brothers.
- The tickets being awarded as prizes may be subject to separate terms and conditions and terms of entry as stated by Warner Brothers. Any costs and expenses incurred in addition to the prize (including travel to and from the event) are at the winner’s and/or their guests’ sole expense. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by or on behalf of the winner or guests.
- The winners will be drawn at random from all of the entrants on 8th November 2018 under independent supervision.
- The winners will be notified that they have won a prize by 1pm on 8th November 2018. The Promoter may publicly announce the names of the winners on its website and its social media channels.
- The winners will be notified via the email address they provide in entering the promotion. The winners must acknowledge that they accept the prize within 24 hours of being contacted by the Promoter to inform them that they have won a prize and confirming their preferred cinema location from a list of locations as advised by the Promoter. If the winner fails to contact the Promoter and confirm their preferred cinema location within this time, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to eliminate from the promotion any entrant that defrauds, disrupts or disables the functioning, the normal course and the regulatory of the promotion.
- These terms & conditions shall be covered by English law and the courts of the England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- No cash or other alternative will be offered and the prize is non-transferable, but in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him/her, the Promoter may award the prize to another entrant, selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this prize draw without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in any case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The Promoter will not be liable for system failures, network errors, websites being unavailable, hacks on the system or personal computer issues.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage, loss, or consequential damage of any nature whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise, caused by acceptance of these Terms and Conditions or in connection with the prize.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter: Primark Stores Limited, Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 4QY.