Privacy Statement - Primania
1. Who are we?
References to "we", "our" or "us" in this privacy Statement mean Primark Stores Limited, company number 00453448. Our registered address is Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London W1K 4QY United Kingdom. Primark Stores Limited is part of the Associated British Foods plc group of companies.
For the purposes of data protection laws, we are the "Data Controller" in respect of the personal information provided on this website.
This Privacy Statement sets out what will happen to information that you provide to us. By providing us with your information you agree that we may use your information in the ways set out in this Privacy Statement.
We may amend and update this privacy notice from time to time and new versions will be posted on our website www.primark.com.
2. What information do we collect from you?
You must be over 18 years of age to set up a profile on our website. When you provide us with your information to set up a profile you are confirming to us that you are over 18.
When you set up a profile we will ask you to provide us with your:
- email address
- country of residence
- local Primark store
Before your profile can be activated you will receive a confirmation email in which you confirm by clicking a link that you have read and agree to this Privacy Statement.
You will also be given the opportunity to upload a profile picture and provide more information in the "bio" section – you can choose to provide as much or as little information as you like about yourself. You don't have to provide a profile picture or any additional information in the "bio" section if you choose not to. Any “bio” information you provide plus your name and local Primark store will be visible to other users and users will be able to filter looks on the Primania section of the website by gender and country of residence. Other users will be able to opt to follow you and receive updates on your activity on the site.
Remember that photographs of you, and any comments people make about your image are also your "personal information" so make sure that you read all of this Privacy Statement so that you understand what will happen to your image, and the comments people make about it, once you upload a photo to our website.
3. What do we use this information for?
We use the information that you provide to us to:
- contact you by email so you can activate your profile and, if you agree, to send you information about our website and our products and services
- to create anonymous, aggregated information about the characteristics and behaviour of our site’s users, including for segmentation and profiling purposes
- for awarding Primarks and any associated prizes (if you participated in competitions and accepted the corresponding terms and conditions)
- post any images you upload to the Primania section of our site and, if selected by us, to the What’s New section as well
Remember, once you upload your image to the website it will be up there for everyone to see, so make sure you are comfortable with that BEFORE you upload it. Your image may also be selected by our buyers if they like your style and they may choose to use it on their own page of our website. If they do so, other users will be able to comment on your image, and their comments may be good or bad so make sure that you are okay with that before you decide to upload your image to the website.
If you change your mind and you decide you no longer want your image to be on our website then you can follow the instructions set out in Section 7 below to remove it and any associated comments.
4. Contacting you
We would like to send you emails to tell you about our products, news about our stores and to let you know about any promotions or offers we may be running.
If you would prefer us not to send these emails to you, you can opt out at any time by:
- leaving the "opt-in" box un-ticked before you submit your profile information;
- selecting "off" in the email subscription section of your profile;
- clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email we send to you; or
- emailing us at any time to let us knows using our Contact Us page.
Alternatively you can manage your email subscription in relation to specific products by ticking or un-ticking box for that product in the email subscription section of your profile to indicate which product you would like to receive information about.
5. Competitions, prize draws and promotions
Where you provide your personal information to us in order to participate in a competition, prize draw or a promotion that we are running, you agree that we may use:
- the contact information you provide to let you know whether or not you have won a prize, to let you know about the status of your entry or to otherwise run and administer the competition, prize draw or promotion
- your name, what country you live in and/or your image or likeness in any promotional material (subject to our competition terms and conditions which are shown on the same page as the competition).
6. Who do we share this information with?
7. What can you do if you would like to remove your image from our website?
To remove your image from our website from the Primania section of the site, simply go into your profile, select the image you want to remove and click the 'remove look' button below the image. Please note that on certain browsers, due to cache memory, it could take approximately 1 hour for the look to be removed.
If you would like us to remove your image and any associated comments from the What’s New section of our website, please send us your request using our Contact Us page.
8. Accessing your personal information and contacting us
If you would like us to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you please send us your request using our Contact Us page. The provision of this information is free of charge.
If any of the information that we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate, you can change your profile information by changing your profile. For any other information, please let us know any corrections using our Contact Us page and we will implement these.
You can also get in contact with us for any other reason using our Contact Us page.