Privacy Statement - Primark.com
Primark Online Privacy Statement
This privacy statement sets out what will happen to personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us (“Data”) when you visit our website (www.primark.com) (“Site”).
Who are we?
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the data controller of your Data is Primark Stores Limited. References to “we”, “our” or “us” in this privacy statement mean Primark Stores Limited.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following information about you when you visit our Site:
- contact details you supply to us, for example when you enter an online competition or prize draw or otherwise participate in an on-line promotion;
- information concerning your use of our Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data; and information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data and does not identify you specifically.
How will we use your Data?
We will protect the confidentiality of your Data in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
We will use your Data:
- for quality control and internal reporting purposes and to identify trends;
- for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our legal obligations;
- for the purpose of system administration and internal record keeping;
- to manage the performance of, and evaluate use of, our Site;
- to provide you with enhanced services;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- to monitor Site usage in order to help us develop the Site;
- for awarding Primark’s and any associated prizes;
- for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to create anonymous, aggregated information about the characteristics and behaviour of our website users, and
- to customise the Site according to your interests and to ensure the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you.
How long will we keep your Data?
Wherever possible, we will use your Data in a form that does not identify you. We will only retain your Data in a form that identifies you for as long as necessary for each of the purposes outlined above.
Your Data is processed by us:
- because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to the management, operation and enhancement of the Site;
- because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to quality control and business planning.
- because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to the administration of competitions, prize draws and promotions that you have chosen to enter;
- because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to the marketing and promotion of our business; and
- in the case of marketing and promotional material sent to you by email, on the basis of your consent
Who do we share your information with?
We disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- our service providers;
- our professional advisers;
- public authorities or judicial authorities (where disclosure is required by law or is necessary so that we can enforce our legal rights , or so that third parties can enforce their legal rights, or so that public authorities can exercise their functions in the public interest);
- affiliated Primark companies (for the purposes of coordination and management of marketing and promotional activities and on the basis of your consent); or
- commercial partners (where disclosure is necessary in connection with the sale of a business or its assets)
Where do we transfer personal information to?
We may transfer your personal information, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries where standards of data protection are not equivalent to those that apply inside the EEA. If we do this we will comply with all relevant data protection legislation. Our usual practice when transferring personal data to countries outside the EEA is to use standard contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission.
How to access or amend your personal information
You have a right to request access to your Data and to have any inaccuracies amended. We will respond to any request you make in accordance with our legal duties. In order to process any such request we may need additional information from you such as a copy of identification or details about the reason you initially contacted us. If you make a request to access your Data a small charge may be payable.
A request to access your personal information or have your personal information amended should be sent to us using our Contact Us form or any of the contact details below.
How to contact us
Questions, comments or enquiries concerning this privacy statement are welcomed. You can contact us using our Contact Us form or using any of the contact details below
Post: Primark Stores Limited, Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 4QY, UK