Totally Addicted to Base
By Philippa Pearne
Whether you fan-girl over the minimal makeup look or just love to go full on glam, it all starts with choosing the right everyday base. Let us introduce to you your new make-up bag BFF – prepare to live happily ever after.
Truth time: bold lipstick shades are nothing if not teamed with buffed skin and we can all forget the art of contouring if our base isn’t absolutely killing it. *BFF KLAXON* Girls, we’ve got your back because let’s face it, makeup is everything. From glow-giving liquids to mattifying powders, BB creams to tinted moisturisers and foundation sticks to compact cushions our My Perfect Colour range is as on point as your recent outfit purchase.
And what’s more, we have breaking news that’s gonna perk up your day and change. your.life. You know the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you finally find your perfect base (it goes a little something like... “yasssss”) only to discover it’s the wrong colour? (Cue every angry emoji possible, not forgetting the crying one.) Well, the My Perfect Colour range nowhas more shades than ever, so not only is your ideal formula right at your fingertips, it’s available in the perfect hue too. #ALLTHEFEELS.
Love our Liquid Foundation? Say hello to 16 (yes, sixteeeeeeen) shades that’ll give your skin the perfect match. Want to use our Moisturising Foundation Stick on-the-go? Introducing a variety of eight colours, all flattering, all beaut. Addicted to our Liquid Concealer? You will be now that it comes in eight shades for even less noticeable blemishes.
5 Ways to find your perfect colour
1. For foundation, tinted moisturiser or BB cream, use your finger to dab the three shades you think are closest to your natural skin tone along your jawline. Go for the one that seamlessly disappears into your skin.
2. Still stuck? It’s all good! Just opt for the one that’s nearer to the colour of your neck as this is usually paler than your face.
3. No cheating! Test your shade near a window or natural lighting as this will give you the most accurate results.
4. Use the same colour rules for choosing your concealer unless you need it for under eye shadows, in which case go for one that’s a shade lighter than your natural skin tone for totally expert brightening.
5. To test the coverage of a concealer, apply it on the veins on your wrist. If they disappear, you’ve found ‘the one’.