Privacy Statement - Customer Services
Purpose of this notice
This privacy statement sets out what will happen to personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us when you submit the online "Contact Us" form, contact our Customer Services department via social media, phone or post or when you raise a query with us in-store ("Data").
It also tells you how you can exercise Your Rights (including the right to object to some of the data handling we carry out).
Who are we?
This website is owned and operated by Primark Stores Limited (registered under company number 00453448). References to "we", "our" or "us" in this privacy statement mean Primark Stores Limited.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the following information about you:
Information you knowingly give to us
- Your name, postal address, phone number, email address and instant messaging ID;
- Information you include in any correspondence you send to us (whether by submitting a completed "Contact Us" form, by social media, email, post or otherwise);
- Sensitive personal data which you choose to send to us, for example, photographs, medical information, information about your personal circumstances, and specific information regarding your reason for contacting us;
Information about your visit to the Customer Services pages of our Site
- information concerning your use of our Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data; and
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data and does not identify you specifically.
How will we use your Data?
We will use your Data:
- to provide a response to your query and/ or resolve your complaint;
- for quality control and internal reporting purposes and to identify trends;
- for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our legal obligations;
- for the purpose of system administration and internal record keeping;
- to manage the performance of, and evaluate use of, our Site;
- to provide you with enhanced services; to enable you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- to monitor Site usage in order to help us develop the Site;
- to customise the Site according to your interests and to ensure the Site's content is presented as effectively as possible for you.
Your Data is processed by us:
- because this is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us in connection with responding to and handling your request/ complaint;
- because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in maintaining internal administrative records;
- because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to the management, operation and enhancement of the Site;
- because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to quality control and business planning;
- in the case of sensitive personal data (see below), because we have your consent; and/ or for the purposes of establishing or exercising or defending legal rights. Where we process your data for the purpose of our legitimate interests, you can object to this at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will we keep your Data?
Wherever possible, we will use your Data in a form that does not identify you. We will only retain your Data in a form that identifies you for as long as necessary to conclude your request/ complaint and for record-keeping. This means that we will not usually retain your personal information for longer than 6 years. Your Data may be retained for longer periods where it is necessary in connection with the resolution of a dispute.
Sensitive personal data and consent
Sensitive personal data is information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership; genetic and biometric data used for the purpose of identifying a specific person; and data concerning a person's health or sex life or sexual orientation. In order to collect and use sensitive personal data about you, it is usually necessary for us to obtain your specific consent. Therefore, when you contact us, we ask you to confirm that you agree that we may use your Data in order to deal with your query. This helps us ensure that we have the consent we need in order to handle any sensitive personal data you may send to us when you ask us to respond to a query.
If we are handling any sensitive personal data about you on the basis of your consent, for example so that we can deal with a query or complaint, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by using our "Contact Us" form, or by letting us know using any of the contact details below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent in this way, it may not be possible for us to carry on working to resolve your query or complaint.
Who do we share your information with?
We disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Our service providers;
- Our professional advisers;
- affiliated Primark companies that have a relationship with you (where this is necessary to investigate or resolve your query or complaint);
- public authorities or judicial authorities (where disclosure is required by law or is necessary so that we can enforce our legal rights, or so that third parties can enforce their legal rights, or so that public authorities can exercise their functions in the public interest); or
- commercial partners (where disclosure is necessary in connection with the sale of a business or its assets).
Where do we transfer personal information to?
Our customer service team is supported by suppliers operating in the US. When their support is needed, information we collect about you in connection with your customer service query may be accessible from the US.
We protect your privacy by ensuring our service provider(s) are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield. If you require further information about these safeguards, please contact us.
You can ask us at any time to provide you with a copy of your personal data. In relation to personal data you have supplied to us, and which is held by us for the purpose of entering into a contract between us or on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to ask us for a copy of this information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format so that you can reuse it or share it with other organisations.
If you think the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask us to correct it or complete it.
In some circumstances you also have the right to object to our processing of your data and can ask us to restrict our use of your data and to delete it.
There are some exceptions to these rights, however. For example, it will not be possible for us to delete your data if we are required by law to keep it or if we hold it in connection with a contract with you. Similarly, access to your data may be refused if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should contact us using our contact us form or any of the contact details below.
Contacting us and your rights of complaint
Questions, comments or requests concerning this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to the Primark Data Protection Coordinator at email@example.com.
You can contact our customer service team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Primark Limited, Arthur Ryan House, 22-24 Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
If you have a concern about the way we handle your personal data you have the right to complain to Primark Limited's lead supervisory authority, the Data Protection Commissioner(you can find details of how to do this on the website dataprotection.ie) or your local supervisory authority.
This privacy notice was last updated on 18 May 2018