Covid-19 Store Safety Measures – FAQs
1. Which stores are re-opening?
We re-opened our stores in England on June 15th.
The following four stores in Northern Ireland re-opened on June 18th : Belfast Castle Street, Belfast Fountain House, Derry, and Omagh. The remaining stores, located in shopping centres, in Northern Ireland opened on June 22nd .
We are re-opening our stores in Wales on June 26th.
The following stores in Scotland will re-open on June 29th. The remaining stores located in shopping centres across Scotland will remain closed until further notice in line with government guidelines.
Ayr, Motherwell, Hamilton, Irvine, Sauchiehall st, Aberdeen, Dundee, Dunfermline, Argyle st, Inverness, Edinburgh, Perth, Fort Kinnaird
2. What measures have your stores implemented for Customer Safety?
Nothing matters more to us than the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers.
We are closely following all safety advice from government, treating this guidance as the minimum standard, and will put rigorous health and safety measures in place in all stores ahead of reopening.
These measures include:
A strict social distancing protocol:
- Limits on the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance in between customers and employees, following local government guidelines
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
- Every second till will be closed to allow more space between customers and employees.
Personal protection for employees and customers:
- Hand sanitiser stations will be made available at the entrance of the store and back of house for employee and customer use.Face masks and gloves will be made available to employees if they wish to use them.
- Perspex screens will be installed on tills to protect customers and employees
Increased in-store cleaning:
- The frequency and rigour of store cleaning will both increase, particularly around high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, lifts, and employee areas in back of house
Full details of the safety measures we will introduce in store can be found here and below.
3. Are the fitting rooms open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our fitting rooms. However, customers have 28 days to return an item if you change your mind. For more information on our Refund & Exchange policy please click here.
4. Do you have/ Where in the store are hand sanitisers located?
Customers will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entry into the store. Additional hand sanitiser stations is also available at multiple points on the shop floor and back of house for employee and customer use.
5. Will you have a queuing system at the tills?
We have reconfigured our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills. In addition, every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and employees. Perspex screens have been installed on open tills to protect customers and employees.
6. Will the lifts be in use?
Our lifts are in operation however to maintain social distancing measures only two people will be permitted in the lift at any one time. Exceptions to this would be additional family members.
7. Will staff wear face masks/gloves?
Face masks and gloves will be made available to employees if they wish to use them.
8. How will your escalators operate safely in your stores?
We have provided clear signage on our floor and escalator steps marking the recommended social distance. We have also increased cleaning in our stores with particular attention given to high frequency touchpoints including escalators.
9. What signage will communicate your social distancing message in the store?
Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff will help guide you through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
10. Contactless Payments – what is the maximum amount?
We are encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions. The maximum limit is £45.
11. Will there be a limited number of people allowed in the store?
Yes, we are limiting the number of customers into stores at any one time, in line with government guidelines. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills, our store entrances, and also monitoring the sales floor to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
12. Can I shop in the store with my friends and family or do I have to shop by myself?
We ask that all customers adhere to the social distancing measures in place while shopping_._
13. Will your fitting rooms be closed?
While we get used to this new normal we have temporarily closed off our fitting rooms. We believe this is the right decision at this stage but we are continuously monitoring our re-openings and our health and safety policies and may review our fitting room policy as the situation develops.
14. Will your toilets be open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our customer toilets until further notice.
15. Are your Beauty Studios open?
To help ensure social distancing can be maintained, we have made the decision to temporarily close our Beauty Studios
16. Will your cafés be open?
To help ensure social distancing can be maintained, we have made the decision to temporarily close our food and beverage outlets
17. Will you have a queuing system outside?
We have implemented a queuing system at our entrances to allow for social distancing. We also have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing these queues.