Covid-19 Store Safety Measures – FAQs
1. Are your stores open?
In line with government guidance, our eight stores in Wales will temporarily close from 23rd October until 9th November.
All of our other stores in the UK will remain open. For opening hours please click here.
2. What measures have your stores implemented for Customer Safety?
Nothing matters more to us than the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers.
We are closely following all safety advice from government, treating this guidance as the minimum standard, and will put rigorous health and safety measures in place in all stores ahead of reopening.
These measures include:
A strict social distancing protocol:
- Limits on the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance in between customers and employees, following local government guidelines
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
- Every second till will be closed to allow more space between customers and employees.
Personal protection for employees and customers:
- Hand sanitiser stations will be made available at the entrance of the store.
- Face masks have been made available to all employees, and we are encouraging them to use face masks while working.
- Perspex screens will be installed on tills to protect customers and employees
Increased in-store cleaning:
- The frequency and rigour of store cleaning has increased, particularly around high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, lifts, and employee areas in back of house.
Full details of the safety measures we will introduce in store can be found here and below.
3. Are the fitting rooms open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our fitting rooms. However, customers have 28 days to return an item if you change your mind. For more information on our Refund & Exchange policy please click here.
4. Do you have/ Where in the store are hand sanitisers located?
Customers will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entry into the store.
5. Will you have a queuing system at the tills?
We have reconfigured our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills. In addition, every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and employees. Perspex screens have been installed on open tills to protect customers and employees.
6. Will the lifts be in use?
Our lifts are in operation however to maintain social distancing measures only two people will be permitted in the lift at any one time. Exceptions to this would be additional family members.
7. Will staff wear face masks/gloves?
In England, Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland, in line with local government guidance, we will be mandating the use of face masks for employees and customers are requested to wear face coverings when visiting our stores.
8. How will your escalators operate safely in your stores?
We have provided clear signage on our floor and escalator steps marking the recommended social distance. We have also increased cleaning in our stores with particular attention given to high frequency touchpoints including escalators.
9. What signage will communicate your social distancing message in the store?
Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and additional security staff will help guide you through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
10. Contactless Payments – what is the maximum amount?
We are encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions. The maximum limit is £45.
11. Will there be a limited number of people allowed in the store?
Yes, we are limiting the number of customers into stores at any one time, in line with government guidelines. We have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills, our store entrances, and also monitoring the sales floor to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
12. Can I shop in the store with my friends and family or do I have to shop by myself?
We ask that all customers adhere to the social distancing measures in place while shopping.
13. Will your fitting rooms be closed?
While we get used to this new normal we have temporarily closed off our fitting rooms. We believe this is the right decision at this stage but we are continuously monitoring our re-openings and our health and safety policies and may review our fitting room policy as the situation develops.
14. Will your toilets be open?
We have made the decision to temporarily close our customer toilets until further notice.
15. Are your Beauty Studios open?
We are happy to announce that a number of our Beauty Studios in the UK are now open. We have worked with our beauty partners to introduce a range of safety measures to help ensure your safety and well-being while receiving beauty treatments. These include additional space between nail tables to help allow customers to social distance; our therapists will be wearing gloves and face masks during all treatments; we have installed Perspex screens at nail stations; and we have also increased the frequency of cleaning in our beauty studios, including sanitising each station after every treatment. Please note that customers must wear a face mask while receiving beauty treatments.
16. Will your cafés be open?
We are happy to announce that a number of our cafés in the UK are now open. We are working closely with our service providers who have put rigorous health and safety measures in place in our cafés in our stores. We are closely following all safety advice from the government and industry bodies and treating these as the minimum standards in our stores.
17. Will you have a queuing system outside?
We have implemented a queuing system at our entrances to allow for social distancing. We also have dedicated employees who are responsible for managing these queues.