In-Store Safety Measures
We’re delighted to open our doors again and welcome our colleagues and customers back to Primark! Safety remains our number one priority, and every effort is being made to help ensure our colleagues and customers return to Primark with confidence, maintaining the high safety standards in place in our stores over the past year.
We have implemented a strict social distancing protocol across all our stores:
We are following local government guidelines and limiting the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance between customers and employees.
Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees and security staff, to guide customers through the store in a way that limits contact with others.
We have redesigned the layout of our stores to allow for more space between people by reconfiguring our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. Dedicated employees will be on hand when needed to manage the correct flow of the queue.
Entry and exit points will be clearly marked.
Frequent tannoy announcements are made in store reminding customers to adhere to social distancing measures.
We have increased personal protection for employees and customers:
- In line with government guidance, all customers are required to wear face coverings in our stores, unless they are exempt due to medical reasons.
- On entering the store, customers are asked to use the hand sanitiser that is provided at the store entrance. Dedicated employees will be on hand to assist customers if needed. Hand sanitising stations are also available throughout back of house for employees.
- We provide face coverings to all of our employees and they are required to be worn while working.
- Perspex screens or cubicles have been installed on tills to help protect customers and employees.
- We are encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions.
- We have appointed dedicated employees to manage entrances to stores and throughout the store, when required, to ensure social distancing measures are being followed.
- Dedicated employees will make sure hand hygiene stations are topped up and report any issues or concerns to the store manager.
We have increased the frequency and intensity of in-store cleaning:
- We have invested significantly in increasing the frequency and rigor of our store cleaning policy across all our markets, giving particular attention to high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, lifts, and employee areas in back of house.
- We have introduced a basket cleaning system, so each basket handle is cleaned before use.